Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Understanding the 12 Week Transformation Challenge

On February 22, I'm beginning a 12 Week Transformation Challenge at my local gym. This is an intensive gym and dieting programme (which for me will involve 2 gym sessions a day, 6 days a week, for the 12 weeks) designed to restore fitness to my body by reducing my weight, reducing my blood pressure, and getting my blood sugar under control.

As a type 2 diabetic, I'm well aware of the need to look after myself - but hey, nobody's perfect right? So whilst I've been attempting to be good and manage my life and weight, I've had a few blips along the way. This gym programme will be really hard work, but I'm hoping that the fact the challenge is competitive against others who have entered will provide me with the motivation I need to see it through.

Knowing how difficult it is for charities to raise the funds they need, I've decided to also raise funds for Diabetes New Zealand as I do the challenge. If you'd like to sponsor me, you can visit my Fundraise Online website page.

Photos and details of progress will begin to be posted here once the challenge begins (on Feb 22). If you'd like more information or have any comments, please feel free to contact me at davidpom@iconz.co.nz. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Great start David. I'm following your blog, and all the best! Stan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way kewl Dave I was just like you a few mths ago its so great

    I will keep an eye out for you at the gym down town

    Big ups to you dave !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shane and Stan for your support! This is a tough journey, but one that I know will have awesome results! Claiming back health and vitality requires courage and dedication, but each day becomes a little easier.

    ReplyDelete