Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Week 1 Has Begun


So, Week 1 has now begun. I promised updates on this blog once I'd begun, so here's the first. The start weight is 143kg... that's a lot of weight. Ugh. I wish now I'd had a few less pies and chocolate bars over the last year. Still, every diet and gym plan needs a starting point, and this is mine. Measurements were taken at the gym, but I don't have those to hand... however I'm hoping that week by week the photos will begin to show real progress. This should be evident by a reducing gut size! I'll publish the measurements for those interested at some later time.

My gym plan is basically an hour in the gym each day, half an hour of cardio, half an hour of weights. There's some deviation to the routine - e.g. the other day I climbed 8 flights of steps and then ran around a carpark for a half hour or so, under the wing of a personal trainer. In fact, I'm trying to make sure that each day's gym program is different, so that it doesn't become dull.

My first few days this week were difficult, and I felt tired and almost a bit ill at the end of the sessions. That will be the toxins leaving my cells, and my body adjusting to a higher exercise level. But today I'm feeling great, and find the exercise actually gives me more energy. So I think that's a good sign.

More updates in a week when I have my next weigh in. If there are any questions in the meantime, please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment