Sunday, 20 March 2011

One Month Down, One Stone Down

Side On Photo

Today I celebrated the official end of Week 4 of the challenge! That means I'm now one third of the way through the challenge. If you read my earlier blog entries, you'll see I'm aiming to lose 20kg during the 12 weeks, about 3 stone. I'm happy to report that I'm currently on target to do this. The scales this morning showed a weight of 136.15kg. Compared to my start weight of 143kg just 4 weeks ago, that's a 6.85kg reduction overall - or a little over a STONE. And it does feel like a big stone has been lifted off me!

It's hard work keeping motivated on the 12 week transformation challenge sometimes, because the hard slog and pain does all it can to keep you from pushing through. Luckily I have a strong mind, a clear vision of where I want to get to, and a great "support crew" - including my trainer and the gym staff at Club Physical Xpress - who cheer me on and make me feel that the effort is worthwhile. I'm really grateful to them, and also to every reader of this blog. Your support and comments really help to keep me on the straight and narrow - so thank you!

Front On Photo

Measurements now are starting to look encouraging. I've lost 9cm off my hip / butt area to date, along with great movements in my mid waist, chest, and thigh areas. And it's really noticable. I've had to start wearing smaller clothes, because the others are just too baggy now and look sloppy. The clothes I wear are now 1-2 sizes smaller than 4 weeks ago, depending on brand / cut, which is FANTASTIC. I can't wait until the end of week 12, when even these will look like tents! Neck measurement is as good an indicator of progress as any: 4 weeks ago, mine was 47cm. Now its 45cm. That's the difference between an XXXL or XXXXL shirt, and an XXL one. I'm expecting to fit XL within a month or two, but for now, that progress is enough to keep me moving forward.

Keeping the variety in the gym program is important, and today I was running through Albert Park and the beautiful streets of Downtown Auckland. The photo taken by the lights near the end of the run is quite funny: I only noticed the "Gentleman Start Your Showers" text on the billboard behind when I loaded the photo on the blog... but that is very appropriate! After a half hour walk and jog up and down hills, I was more than ready for the shower!

Dave Running On The Road


So, one month has past, and I'm on target to meet my goal. Let's hope this progress continues - I'll be doing all I can to stay focused, and work hard. Don't forget that Diabetes New Zealand would love a donation to help others with Diabetes. Whether it's $1, $5 or more, all donations are greatly appreciated, and tax deductible. You can donate at 12 Week Transformation Challenge Fundraising Page. And, if you're interested in joining a gym that can help you get real results like I am, I can highly recommend Club Physical Auckland Gyms.

4 comments:

  1. Well done David. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire everyone at the gym Dave, whether you know it or not everyone is watching you in the early morning at the gym. You light up their day when they see you putting in the hard yards an then they see you shasaying in front of the weights as if you were on a ballroom dance floor the smiles beam brightly.
    The only obstacles in life are the ones you admit too....keep up the faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, Stan and Wakaama, for your comments! Both are much appreciated!

    It's hard work, but the results are there... so this 7kg down is only the beginning. I can't wait to see the final results at Week 12. :-)

    Thanks so much for your support - it means a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am proud of you David, we are pleased you are in smaller trousers it does make such a difference to how you look. So much easier to buy birthday presents when you get back into the 'normal' size ranges. Keep it up, Sarah & Andrew

    ReplyDelete