Sunday, 6 March 2011

Gym Transformation Challenge Continues

So it's now the last day of my 2nd week of the challenge. 14 days have passed, and I'm pleased to announce the results thus far: I'm now 138.9kgs - that's 4.1kg below my start weight, and my blood sugar has dived from 11.5 at the start of the challenge down to 6.4 already! I'm feeling good, feeling fitter than before, and importantly, I'm optimistic about what the next 10 weeks will bring.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet. My current 138.9kg weight is still a lot higher than I would like. But I really do think that the next ten weeks will bring good results - and I'm already starting to visualise how my new body shape might look.

Measurements were taken again today, and the fat is falling off all over. It's most noticable in my hip and butt area though, where I've lost a significant amount. Certainly my clothes are fitting better than for a long, long time - and if this keeps going, I'll soon be looking for a new wardrobe.

Training wise I'm still spending roughly an hour a day in the gym. This is hard work - but worthwhile. I've got a great personal trainer at Club Physical Xpress Auckland, Sugar, who makes the training fun and full of variety. I'm so impressed with Sugar that I'm placing her photo on this blog!

Sugar, Club Physical Trainer


Today I was restacking the dumbbell rack from a pile of 20 weights on the floor... one at a time. In between the stacking I had to run outside the gym and go up and down stairs. It was a full cardio workout, with the benefit of some strengthening too due to the weights. There's a photo below showing me when I finished the exercise.

That's something I've learnt so far in this challenge: variety is the spice of life. If you can mix up the exercises you do and keep things fresh each day, you've got a much better chance of sticking to the routine - which can get tiring after a while. Certainly, variety has helped me stick to my workout plans - and the results clearly show that it's worth the short term pain for the longer term gain.

I'm going to keep on progressing, so keep reading the blog for updates. And please feel free to donate to Diabetes New Zealand here.

2 comments:

  1. Dear David.... Keep up the good work... Don't give up! :-) Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, I really appreciate the support! :-)

    ReplyDelete