Sunday, 27 March 2011

Week 5 Is Over

Today marks the end of Week 5 of the 12 Week Transformation Challenge. 35 days gone, or, as I like to think of it, 60 gym sessions or thereabouts now completed.

David on the Life Fitness Gym Treadmill

It's been hard work, and it continues to be that way - but the results make me truly happy. Today I hopped on the scales, thinking my weight loss may have slowed down - but it's actually accelerated. I've lost 2.25Kg this week, meaning I've now lost 9.1Kgs in 5 weeks. That's an average of 1.8Kg lost each week. If I can keep that momentum, I'll be on target to lose the 20Kg I want to get off by the end of the 12 week gym program, and maybe even a little bit more! Time will tell, but right now, I've more focused and determined than ever to see this through.

I know quite a few diabetics around the world are following this blog, because I get emails from them. You'll probably be very happy to hear that my resting blood sugars are now averaging around 5.6 - 5.9 range. That's a big improvement on the 11.5 at the beginning of the challenge. I guess it just goes to show that all of the advice we're given by doctors and diabetic clinics really does work. Do a bit of exercise each day, eat healthily, and drink lots of water, and your blood glucose levels become lower and more stable. It really works! If I keep reducing my weight, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get off the diabetes medication in time. That would be awesome!

I've taken a slightly different approach with the photos this week - I'm keeping my clothes on. That's deliberate. I'd like you to see more dramatic changes so I'm thinking a "half nude" shot every 2 or 3 weeks may be better. Hey, some readers might actually be in favour of the clothes staying on! To prove that I really do exercise, here's a photo of me working hard on the treadmill this morning.

Over 9Kgs down - Front On Photo

Next week's update may be delayed by a few days - I'll explain why when I next post. But fear not: the longer between this post and the next one, the more change you should be able to notice. Certainly, by the end of Week 12, I'm expecting to see BIG changes between the before and after photos. I can only look forward to that day!

Thank you all for your emails and comments, and for your donations to Diabetes New Zealand. Your support in all of these ways means a lot: thank you soooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment