Monday, 11 April 2011

Week 7 Is Over, Week 8 Begins

Sorry about the delay in posting this blog entry. As I mentioned in my Week 5 entry, I said I'd explain why my blog entry would be later than normal, in this entry. Well, I was away on holiday in Singapore and Batam (Indonesia)! I thought it best to mention this on my return, rather than as I was leaving (just in case I didn't make it back). Anyway, I'm back in New Zealand now, and back on the program.

I arrived home last Thursday night, after about a week or so away. During this time I made sure to pick hotels with gym equipment available, so that my normal gym routine would not be too adversely affected. This turned out to be a very bright idea indeed, as I was able to go to the gym on all days of my holiday. Let me tell you, exercising in a gym room in 30 degree heat is not fun - but it does burn calories! It was nice to have a change of scene, and a chance to relax. I even managed to fit in some reflexology and massage sessions, which were nice and relaxing, and good rewards for all of my hard work to date.

I had a bit of a scare on Friday when I returned to the Auckland gym - I'd put on 3 kilos, in a week away! I was horrified. I couldn't understand how that could happen, when I'd done so much walking, kept my eating healthy, and kept up my gym regime as best I could. I was told it was probably water retention. Apparently, being in a hot climate can make your body keep extra water in reserve. I was sceptical at first, thinking 3 kilos was a huge amount of weight just for some water excess... but the prognosis turned out to be correct. On Monday, when I weighed myself at the end of Week 7 milestone, I'd lost about 3.5 kilos over that weekend! I'd never have thought that possible. Just goes to show I know so little about body physiology!

Dave In The Gym

Anyway, current stats show me at a weight of 133.6kgs, or 9.4kgs down from my start weight. The keen eyed amongst you will notice that this is however only 300grams down since the end of Week 5 - which I'm not pleased about. Losing an average of 150grams a week simply doesn't cut it! That said, it's possible I'm still shedding water, as when I weighed in this morning, Tuesday, I'd lost another good chunk overnight. I'm keeping that figure to myself however, as I want to wait until next Tuesday's result time to ensure that the weighing figure is accurate and more stable - and without post holiday influence.

So, life continues on, and the 12 week transformation challenge in the gym is still a vital part of my life. As said earlier, I'm determined to throw everything I can at this. Over the next 5 weeks of the challenge, I'm planning to "up my game" - working harder and longer in each gym session to really burn the calories and up my muscle tone. So I'm hoping that despite the short term lull, we'll all see real and meaningful results in the coming weeks. Ensure you keep visiting the blog to see progress - you'll hear it here first! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop me a line on email or leave a comment on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you David. Keep it up, and lay off the flash Mongolian restaurants!

    ReplyDelete